Massive growth in Brisbane’s CBD brought on by major developments across the city, is set to almost completely transform the Queensland capital by 2022.
Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk has described the year as a “game-changer” for the city, with a string of major projects set to be delivered in six years’ time. Given the scale of the projects, it is clear that Brisbane in 2022 would be a very different city to the one seen today, with more than $10 billion worth of major projects due to be completed in 2022.
(Source; Brisbane Times, August 15 2016)
- Some of the major upgrades planned across the next 6 years include:
- Northshore Hamilton – $5billion
- Cross River Rail – $5billion
- Queen’s Wharf – $3billion
- Brisbane Live Precinct – $2billion
- Brisbane Metro Rapid Transit System – $1.5billion
- Brisbane Airport’s Parallel Runway – $1.3billion
- Brisbane Quarter (300 George Street) – $1billion
- Kingsford Smith Drive Upgrade – $650million
- Howard Smith Wharves Development – $100million
- Luggage Point Cruise Ship Terminal $100million
To read more about the news published on Brisbane Times, please click here.